I’m in a bit of a writers block. I don’t really know what to write because I haven’t been trying new things and haven’t bought anything really. BUT I didn’t want to let you guys down, so I am still writing one. After thinking a bit I think I came up with something quite fun, which is, looking to new autumn make-up launches and making some looks with them. I don’t really know what it is going to look like yet but I am sure it will come out fine. I am going to look at 6 brands, which are 3 high end and 3 budget proof ones. For High End I am going to look at MAC, Nars and Clinique. For budget proof brands I am going to look at Catrice, Essence and Rimmel London.
The first look I created is this one ( the High End one ) :
This look is all about rocking that dark lip.
1, 2, 3. These 3 colours are Nars Dual-intensity Eyeshadows. 1 is Sycorax, 2 is Callisto and 3 is Andromena. I think this will make a beautiful autumny light eye. You can use Callisto on the eyelid and under the eye, Andromena as a highlight on the browbone and on the inner corner of the eye and Sycorax dry in the outer V of the eye and wet as an Eyeliner.
4. This isn’t a new add to the MAC collection but this makes a perfect base for this look. It is called The Pro-Longwear Foundation and this is the shade NW13
5. This is one of the lipsticks out of the Novel collection from MAC, this colour is called Hearts Aflame and this is THE perfect dark lip for autumn.
6. I wanted to keep it quite light with the blush so I think this Chubby Stick from Clinique in the colour Roly Poly Rosy is perfect for that.
And this is a budget look:
This look is all about a dark eye and natural skin.
1. For foundation I chose the Stay All Day by Essence. This Foundation claims to last a long time which is good for the autumn weather.
2 & 3 Are Eyeshadows by Rimmel London. 2 is called Chocolate Mania and 3 is called Taupe Magnificence, I think this will make a beautiful dark smokey eye with the Taupe on the lid and the Chocolate in the crease and on the outer corner under the eye. This is by the way a dark brown and not a black colour.
4. This eyeliner is by Rimmel and it is the Scandaleyes gel eyeliner which will make a perfect Cat eye for this look.
5. Is a Highlighter/Blush by Catrice, this will give the face a nice gentle glow.
6. This new Mascara with Argan oil by Rimmel will make the perfect lashes by this look.
So that were the 2 looks I created with the new stuff that are out. I really enjoyed doing this, normally I look for myself in the shop or on the sites, but doing it for you and making an actual look with this is a way more fun way to experiment en show what is new in the make-up area. Maybe I’ll do this for every season but I am not sure yet. I really hoped you liked this post and feel free to leave a comment on things I should check out or something you want to see on my blog.
Lots of love,